Joe McDonald obituary
Joe Dewey McDonald, 61, of New Albany, died Sunday, April 22, 2012 at his residence.
He was born Jan. 16, 1951 in New Albany to the late William “Bill” McDonald and Dessie V. Foreman McDonald. He was a retired truck driver. He was a member of the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. He enjoyed fishing, being outdoors, and mowing his grass.
Services were held at 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with Steve Wilson officiating. Interment was in the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his ex-wife Patricia McDonald of Myrtle, his daughter Susan Perkins of Myrtle, three sons Joseph Dewayne McDonald (Robin) of New Albany, Joe Dewey McDonald, Jr. (Monica) of Myrtle, and Mark Eugene Pickens (Tina) of Myrtle, a sister Betty Sue McDonald Payne of New Albany, a brother Danny Wayne McDonald (Kathy) of New Albany, and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and two grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Tommy Allred, Steve Jumper, Alan Jumper, Billy Yager, Bud Hicks, Tony Clark, Mark Weathers, and Robby Windham. The honorary pallbearer was Gerald Hale.
Visitation was from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...