Joe McDonald obituary
Joe Dewey McDonald, 61, of New Albany, died Sunday, April 22, 2012 at his residence.
He was born Jan. 16, 1951 in New Albany to the late William “Bill” McDonald and Dessie V. Foreman McDonald. He was a retired truck driver. He was a member of the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. He enjoyed fishing, being outdoors, and mowing his grass.
Services were held at 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with Steve Wilson officiating. Interment was in the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his ex-wife Patricia McDonald of Myrtle, his daughter Susan Perkins of Myrtle, three sons Joseph Dewayne McDonald (Robin) of New Albany, Joe Dewey McDonald, Jr. (Monica) of Myrtle, and Mark Eugene Pickens (Tina) of Myrtle, a sister Betty Sue McDonald Payne of New Albany, a brother Danny Wayne McDonald (Kathy) of New Albany, and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and two grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Tommy Allred, Steve Jumper, Alan Jumper, Billy Yager, Bud Hicks, Tony Clark, Mark Weathers, and Robby Windham. The honorary pallbearer was Gerald Hale.
Visitation was from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...