Laverne Rogers obituary
Edith Laverne Rogers, 84, died Friday, April 27, 2012, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo.
She was born Aug. 18, 1927, to Troy Wesley and Georgia Ella Grisham Williams. She was a member of Victory Life Center, and was retired from Brookwood. She loved her children, her grandchildren, her flowers, and the Lord Jesus. She was also a member of Peace Makers Quilting Club.
Service was at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 29, 2012 at Victory Life Center in New Albany with Mark Bishop officiating. Internment was at Martintown Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by six daughters, Kay Boatner, Arlene Ferguson (Jerry), Shelia Thomas (Terry), Ginger Whitten (Robin), all of New Albany, Ellen Livingston of Tupelo and Carol Wray (Hardy) of Pontotoc; 12 grandchildren, Ricky Boatner (Julie), Tammy Radigan, Jason Boatner, Amanda Beasley (Casey), Jacky Wray, Josh Wray (Jennifer), Jill Scott (Toby) Brandon Pankey, Jagar Livingston, Leslie Cole (Wayne), Leah Stinson (Scotty) and Andrew Whitten; brother, Junior Williams of New Albany; five sisters, Louise Tolley of New Albany, Darlina Hudson, Aldora Vinsion, Evoyle Fooshee, and Betty Anderson, all of Pontotoc; 20 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Raymond Williams; and a sister, Geneva Self.
Pallbearers were her grandsons.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- City officials: Do what you can now…but plan for the future December 1, 2016
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...