Lester O. Pannell Jr. obituary
Lester Orr Pannell Jr., 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at his residence.
He was born to the late Lester Orr Pannell Senior and Lillie Belle Hall Pannell in Lafayette county July 26, 1928. He was a retired pattern maker for Futorian. He loved doing wood work and working around his house and yard. He was a member of the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
His services will be at 11 a.m., Friday, March 16, 2012 at United Funeral Service with Bro. Don Wilson and Bro. Jeff Lawrence officiating. Interment will be in the Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Annie Watson Pannell of New Albany; one son, Larry Pannell ( Sandra ) of New Albany; two sisters, Bernice Elder and Mamie Smith (Willard) both of New Albany; one sister-in-law, Norma Pannell; five grandchildren, Michele Smiley Swords (Larry), Tracy Smiley Smithey (Scottie), Emily Pannell Hodum (Nathan), Lakin Pannell Coleman (Adam) and Matthew Reese Pannell; four great-grandchildren, Joshua Swords, Kristen Swords, Annsley Coleman and Easton Coleman.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one daughter, Diane Smiley and two brothers Troy and Aubrey Pannell.
Pallbearers will be Josh Swords, Adam Coleman, Larry Swords, Matt Pannell, Nathan Hodum and Tim Jarvis.
Visitation was from 5 until 8 p.m. Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...