Louis Bell, Jr., obituary
Louis Dewitt Bell, Jr., 65, died Monday, April 30, 2012 at his residence.
He was born Jan. 20, 1947 in Atmore, Alabama to Dorothy Ward Bell and the late Louis Dewitt Bell, Sr. He was a U.S. Army veteran. He retired from education, having served in administration in Mississippi and Alabama and was co-owner of Countertop Solutions in North Mississippi. He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Ecru.
Funeral services were at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 3, 2012 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Jonathan Baker officiating. Interment was in Macedonia Cemetery in Myrtle. United Funeral Service will be in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Sandy Garrison Bell of New Albany; his mother, Dot Bell of Bay Minette, Ala.; a daughter, Kelly Jernigan (Robbie) of Brewton, AL; a son, Jason Bell (Brittany) of Orange Beach, Ala.; three step-daughters, Lauren Jeter (Chase), Allie Newby and Mallory Newby, all of New Albany; a sister, Cathy Weaver (Ricky) of Atmore, Ala.; two brothers, James Bell (Marsha) of Atmore, Ala. and Craig Bell (Gina) of Eupora and three grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Walter Moore, Chris Basil, Jason Hall, Chase Jeter and Todd Nowlin.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
In honor of Mr. Bell’s service to his country, United Funeral Service flew the U.S. Army flag during his visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...