Robbie Roberts obituary
Robbie Irene Hall Roberts, 80, died Monday, April 9, 2012 at her residence.
She was born Nov. 8, 1931 in Tippah County to the late Robert Ellis Hall and Myrtle Irene Clark. She was a homemaker, and a member of the Glenfield Baptist Church. She loved to quilt, and babysitting her grandkids.
Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, April 12, 2012 at Glenfield Baptist Church with the Rev. Jerry Lowery and the Rev. Jeff Lawrence officiating. Interment will be in the Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by two daughters Gail Roberts Willard (Terry) and Darlene Roberts McDonald (Keith) both of New Albany, three sisters Helon Cook, Priscilla Goolsby, and Faye Stanford all of Ripley, two brothers Carlton Hall and Drew Hall both of Jackson, nine grandchildren Jeff Willard (Julie), Lane Willard (Brittany), Sugi Wiltcher (Kurt), Lindsay Lawson (John David), Logan McDonald, Lauren McDonald, Brian McDonald, Pete Roberts (Ashley), and Jessica Lewis (Jim), and nine great grandchildren Reese Roberts, Kaylea Lawson, Sierra Robbins, Ethan McDonald, Emma Grace Speck, Tucker Lewis, Dylan Lewis, Katie Lewis, and Haley Page.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Lowell Ray Roberts, Sr., a son Lowell Ray Roberts, Jr, two sisters Leone Stanford and Arah Hall, and two brothers Wayne Hall and Robert Hall.
Pallbearers will be Jeff Willard, “Pete” Lowell Ray Roberts III, Brian McDonald, Logan McDonald, Jim Lewis, John David Lawson, Kurt Wiltcher, and Lane Willard. Honorary pallbearers will be the deacons of the Glenfield Baptist Church.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The body will lie in state at the church from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...