Robert Henry Floyd obituary
MSG (Ret.) Robert Henry Floyd, 86, of Phenix City, Ala. died Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Bill Nichols State Veteran’s Home in Alexander City, Ala.
A memorial service with full military honors was held at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 19, 2012 at Ft. Benning Main Post Cemetery, Ft. Benning, Ga. with Pastor Whitman officiating, according to Colonial Funeral Home, 613 14th St. Phenix City, Ala.
He was born Feb. 19, 1926 in Myrtle to the late Maggie Martin Floyd and Grover C. Floyd. He retired after 28 years of service in the U.S. Army having served during the World War II, Korea and Viet Nam. He received World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle East Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with one Silver Star, Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Army Occupation Medal, American Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal with OLC, Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze stars, National Defense Service Medal with OLC, 6 Overseas Service bars, Bronze Star Medal (1st OLC), Presidential Unit Citation.
After his retirement from the Army he was a Deputy Sheriff for Muscogee County and later retired as a security guard for First Florida Bank in Tampa, Fl. He loved to travel around the United States.
Survivors include his wife of 32 years June P. Floyd, daughter, Susan Floyd; step-sons, Ernest Wilson wife Jeanne, Paul Wilson and Kenneth Wilson; step-daughter, Cheryl Wilson; sisters, Olivia Smith and Margaret Harden, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...