Robert Henry Floyd obituary
MSG (Ret.) Robert Henry Floyd, 86, of Phenix City, Ala. died Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Bill Nichols State Veteran’s Home in Alexander City, Ala.
A memorial service with full military honors was held at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 19, 2012 at Ft. Benning Main Post Cemetery, Ft. Benning, Ga. with Pastor Whitman officiating, according to Colonial Funeral Home, 613 14th St. Phenix City, Ala.
He was born Feb. 19, 1926 in Myrtle to the late Maggie Martin Floyd and Grover C. Floyd. He retired after 28 years of service in the U.S. Army having served during the World War II, Korea and Viet Nam. He received World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle East Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with one Silver Star, Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Army Occupation Medal, American Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal with OLC, Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze stars, National Defense Service Medal with OLC, 6 Overseas Service bars, Bronze Star Medal (1st OLC), Presidential Unit Citation.
After his retirement from the Army he was a Deputy Sheriff for Muscogee County and later retired as a security guard for First Florida Bank in Tampa, Fl. He loved to travel around the United States.
Survivors include his wife of 32 years June P. Floyd, daughter, Susan Floyd; step-sons, Ernest Wilson wife Jeanne, Paul Wilson and Kenneth Wilson; step-daughter, Cheryl Wilson; sisters, Olivia Smith and Margaret Harden, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...