Robert Henry Floyd obituary
MSG (Ret.) Robert Henry Floyd, 86, of Phenix City, Ala. died Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Bill Nichols State Veteran’s Home in Alexander City, Ala.
A memorial service with full military honors was held at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 19, 2012 at Ft. Benning Main Post Cemetery, Ft. Benning, Ga. with Pastor Whitman officiating, according to Colonial Funeral Home, 613 14th St. Phenix City, Ala.
He was born Feb. 19, 1926 in Myrtle to the late Maggie Martin Floyd and Grover C. Floyd. He retired after 28 years of service in the U.S. Army having served during the World War II, Korea and Viet Nam. He received World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle East Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with one Silver Star, Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Army Occupation Medal, American Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal with OLC, Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze stars, National Defense Service Medal with OLC, 6 Overseas Service bars, Bronze Star Medal (1st OLC), Presidential Unit Citation.
After his retirement from the Army he was a Deputy Sheriff for Muscogee County and later retired as a security guard for First Florida Bank in Tampa, Fl. He loved to travel around the United States.
Survivors include his wife of 32 years June P. Floyd, daughter, Susan Floyd; step-sons, Ernest Wilson wife Jeanne, Paul Wilson and Kenneth Wilson; step-daughter, Cheryl Wilson; sisters, Olivia Smith and Margaret Harden, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert