Robert Henry Floyd obituary
MSG (Ret.) Robert Henry Floyd, 86, of Phenix City, Ala. died Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Bill Nichols State Veteran’s Home in Alexander City, Ala.
A memorial service with full military honors was held at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 19, 2012 at Ft. Benning Main Post Cemetery, Ft. Benning, Ga. with Pastor Whitman officiating, according to Colonial Funeral Home, 613 14th St. Phenix City, Ala.
He was born Feb. 19, 1926 in Myrtle to the late Maggie Martin Floyd and Grover C. Floyd. He retired after 28 years of service in the U.S. Army having served during the World War II, Korea and Viet Nam. He received World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle East Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with one Silver Star, Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Army Occupation Medal, American Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal with OLC, Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze stars, National Defense Service Medal with OLC, 6 Overseas Service bars, Bronze Star Medal (1st OLC), Presidential Unit Citation.
After his retirement from the Army he was a Deputy Sheriff for Muscogee County and later retired as a security guard for First Florida Bank in Tampa, Fl. He loved to travel around the United States.
Survivors include his wife of 32 years June P. Floyd, daughter, Susan Floyd; step-sons, Ernest Wilson wife Jeanne, Paul Wilson and Kenneth Wilson; step-daughter, Cheryl Wilson; sisters, Olivia Smith and Margaret Harden, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...