Sara Underwood obituary
Sara Kathleen White Underwood, 93, of New Albany, died Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at her residence.
She was born July 13, 1918 in Tippah County to the late Robert Clarence White and Mary Kitchens White. She was a 1936 graduate of Daniel High School, and a 1941 graduate of MSCW. During World War 2 she worked for TVA. She taught school for 26 years, 23 of which were in Humphreys County. She and her husband of 48 years Bee Underwood retired to the family farm in New Albany in 1977.
As an active member of the New Albany First United Methodist Church, she belonged to the Hill-Sharp Sunday School Class, served as secretary of the United Methodist Women for 10 years, and served as the District Secretary for 4 years. She was also a member of the Progressive Mother’s Club.
Services will be held at 2 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2012 at the New Albany First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Barry Male officiating. Interment will be in the New Albany City Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters Harriet Turner of Nashville, Tenn., Sara Lovelace of Oxford, and Jane Wiegartner (Brian) of New Albany, seven grandchildren Dean Turner, Daphne Glaser (Chris), Leslie Turner, Dee Lovelace (Katie), Ken Lovelace (Hope), John Hogin Lovelace, and Jason Wiegartner, and eight great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Bee Underwood, her infant son Bee Underwood, Jr., a grandchild Samuel Robert Wiegartner, a sister Juanita White Johnson, and a brother Robert Clarence White, Jr.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday in Wesley Hall at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany First United Methodist Church, 207 East Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday