Sara Underwood obituary
Sara Kathleen White Underwood, 93, of New Albany, died Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at her residence.
She was born July 13, 1918 in Tippah County to the late Robert Clarence White and Mary Kitchens White. She was a 1936 graduate of Daniel High School, and a 1941 graduate of MSCW. During World War 2 she worked for TVA. She taught school for 26 years, 23 of which were in Humphreys County. She and her husband of 48 years Bee Underwood retired to the family farm in New Albany in 1977.
As an active member of the New Albany First United Methodist Church, she belonged to the Hill-Sharp Sunday School Class, served as secretary of the United Methodist Women for 10 years, and served as the District Secretary for 4 years. She was also a member of the Progressive Mother’s Club.
Services will be held at 2 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2012 at the New Albany First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Barry Male officiating. Interment will be in the New Albany City Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters Harriet Turner of Nashville, Tenn., Sara Lovelace of Oxford, and Jane Wiegartner (Brian) of New Albany, seven grandchildren Dean Turner, Daphne Glaser (Chris), Leslie Turner, Dee Lovelace (Katie), Ken Lovelace (Hope), John Hogin Lovelace, and Jason Wiegartner, and eight great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Bee Underwood, her infant son Bee Underwood, Jr., a grandchild Samuel Robert Wiegartner, a sister Juanita White Johnson, and a brother Robert Clarence White, Jr.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday in Wesley Hall at the church.
Memorials may be made to the New Albany First United Methodist Church, 207 East Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series