Terry Kirk obituary
Terry Kirk, 64, of Etta, went home to be with the Lord, Friday, April 20, 2012.
He was born Oct. 13, 1947 in Pinedale to Kennell “Budgy” Kirk and Maybellene Montgomery Kirk. He was first and foremost a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and provider for his family who loved the Lord. He had a profound impact on the racing industry. He was a self-taught machinist who owned his own business at the time of his death.
Services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Interment was in the Bethel Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Tesa Kirk of Etta; a daughter Terri Lynn Moore (Clint) of New Albany; two sons Tommy Kirk (Sheila) of New Albany and Kenny Kirk (Michelle) of Etta; his mother Maybellene Montgomery Kirk of Horn Lake; two sisters Francine Jackson (Richard) of Nesbit and Michelle Jefferies (Russ) of Horn Lake; a brother Tony Kirk (Margie) of Ripley and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father Kennell “Budgy” Kirk.
Pallbearers were Chuck Barnes, Mickey Eason, Mark Hinkle, Dustin Kirk, Christian Kirk, Clint Moore, Tommy Burnette, and Robert Burnette. Honorary pallbearers were Brady Barnes, Gregory Willard, and Bobby Beaty.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...