Terry Kirk obituary
Terry Kirk, 64, of Etta, went home to be with the Lord, Friday, April 20, 2012.
He was born Oct. 13, 1947 in Pinedale to Kennell “Budgy” Kirk and Maybellene Montgomery Kirk. He was first and foremost a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and provider for his family who loved the Lord. He had a profound impact on the racing industry. He was a self-taught machinist who owned his own business at the time of his death.
Services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Interment was in the Bethel Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Tesa Kirk of Etta; a daughter Terri Lynn Moore (Clint) of New Albany; two sons Tommy Kirk (Sheila) of New Albany and Kenny Kirk (Michelle) of Etta; his mother Maybellene Montgomery Kirk of Horn Lake; two sisters Francine Jackson (Richard) of Nesbit and Michelle Jefferies (Russ) of Horn Lake; a brother Tony Kirk (Margie) of Ripley and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father Kennell “Budgy” Kirk.
Pallbearers were Chuck Barnes, Mickey Eason, Mark Hinkle, Dustin Kirk, Christian Kirk, Clint Moore, Tommy Burnette, and Robert Burnette. Honorary pallbearers were Brady Barnes, Gregory Willard, and Bobby Beaty.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday