Terry Kirk obituary
Terry Kirk, 64, of Etta, went home to be with the Lord, Friday, April 20, 2012.
He was born Oct. 13, 1947 in Pinedale to Kennell “Budgy” Kirk and Maybellene Montgomery Kirk. He was first and foremost a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and provider for his family who loved the Lord. He had a profound impact on the racing industry. He was a self-taught machinist who owned his own business at the time of his death.
Services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Interment was in the Bethel Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Tesa Kirk of Etta; a daughter Terri Lynn Moore (Clint) of New Albany; two sons Tommy Kirk (Sheila) of New Albany and Kenny Kirk (Michelle) of Etta; his mother Maybellene Montgomery Kirk of Horn Lake; two sisters Francine Jackson (Richard) of Nesbit and Michelle Jefferies (Russ) of Horn Lake; a brother Tony Kirk (Margie) of Ripley and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father Kennell “Budgy” Kirk.
Pallbearers were Chuck Barnes, Mickey Eason, Mark Hinkle, Dustin Kirk, Christian Kirk, Clint Moore, Tommy Burnette, and Robert Burnette. Honorary pallbearers were Brady Barnes, Gregory Willard, and Bobby Beaty.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...