Terry Kirk obituary
Terry Kirk, 64, of Etta, went home to be with the Lord, Friday, April 20, 2012.
He was born Oct. 13, 1947 in Pinedale to Kennell “Budgy” Kirk and Maybellene Montgomery Kirk. He was first and foremost a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and provider for his family who loved the Lord. He had a profound impact on the racing industry. He was a self-taught machinist who owned his own business at the time of his death.
Services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Interment was in the Bethel Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Tesa Kirk of Etta; a daughter Terri Lynn Moore (Clint) of New Albany; two sons Tommy Kirk (Sheila) of New Albany and Kenny Kirk (Michelle) of Etta; his mother Maybellene Montgomery Kirk of Horn Lake; two sisters Francine Jackson (Richard) of Nesbit and Michelle Jefferies (Russ) of Horn Lake; a brother Tony Kirk (Margie) of Ripley and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father Kennell “Budgy” Kirk.
Pallbearers were Chuck Barnes, Mickey Eason, Mark Hinkle, Dustin Kirk, Christian Kirk, Clint Moore, Tommy Burnette, and Robert Burnette. Honorary pallbearers were Brady Barnes, Gregory Willard, and Bobby Beaty.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...