Terry Kirk obituary
Terry Kirk, 64, of Etta, went home to be with the Lord, Friday, April 20, 2012.
He was born Oct. 13, 1947 in Pinedale to Kennell “Budgy” Kirk and Maybellene Montgomery Kirk. He was first and foremost a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and provider for his family who loved the Lord. He had a profound impact on the racing industry. He was a self-taught machinist who owned his own business at the time of his death.
Services were at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 26, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Interment was in the Bethel Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Tesa Kirk of Etta; a daughter Terri Lynn Moore (Clint) of New Albany; two sons Tommy Kirk (Sheila) of New Albany and Kenny Kirk (Michelle) of Etta; his mother Maybellene Montgomery Kirk of Horn Lake; two sisters Francine Jackson (Richard) of Nesbit and Michelle Jefferies (Russ) of Horn Lake; a brother Tony Kirk (Margie) of Ripley and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father Kennell “Budgy” Kirk.
Pallbearers were Chuck Barnes, Mickey Eason, Mark Hinkle, Dustin Kirk, Christian Kirk, Clint Moore, Tommy Burnette, and Robert Burnette. Honorary pallbearers were Brady Barnes, Gregory Willard, and Bobby Beaty.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...