Hatley tops East Union in game three
East Union was unable to hold on in its game three match-up at Hatley on Monday, falling to the Tigers, 7-6.
Down 5-3 in the fifth, the Urchins scored three to go ahead, but the Tigers scored two runs in the sixth and held on to advance to the north half championship against Bruce.
East Union forced Monday’s game three after winning 5-2.
Tied at two in the fifth, Barkley drove in the go-ahead run and Boland added the insurance runs off of his single, putting the Urchins ahead, 5-2.
East Union took the early 2-0 lead after the first after an RBI triple by Cody Bo Dillard and an RBI double by Tray Davis.Dillard had the win on the mound, striking out four and allowing only four hits for the Tigers.
Hatley took game one of the series, shutting out the Urchins, 14-0.
Four Tigers had multiple hits, led by Caleb Walters and Tyler Bowling with three hits each.
The Urchins were held to one hit in the game, which came from D.J. Armstrong, and Russ Johnson had the win on the mound for Hatley, recording five strikeouts.
East Union ends the season at 24-10 and will return everyone next season.
“We’re going to get better, stronger and faster, more mature and grow in knowledge of the game” coach Chris Basil said. “We’re going to work hard over the summer to get better and prepare for next season.”
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...