Hatley tops East Union in game three
East Union was unable to hold on in its game three match-up at Hatley on Monday, falling to the Tigers, 7-6.
Down 5-3 in the fifth, the Urchins scored three to go ahead, but the Tigers scored two runs in the sixth and held on to advance to the north half championship against Bruce.
East Union forced Monday’s game three after winning 5-2.
Tied at two in the fifth, Barkley drove in the go-ahead run and Boland added the insurance runs off of his single, putting the Urchins ahead, 5-2.
East Union took the early 2-0 lead after the first after an RBI triple by Cody Bo Dillard and an RBI double by Tray Davis.Dillard had the win on the mound, striking out four and allowing only four hits for the Tigers.
Hatley took game one of the series, shutting out the Urchins, 14-0.
Four Tigers had multiple hits, led by Caleb Walters and Tyler Bowling with three hits each.
The Urchins were held to one hit in the game, which came from D.J. Armstrong, and Russ Johnson had the win on the mound for Hatley, recording five strikeouts.
East Union ends the season at 24-10 and will return everyone next season.
“We’re going to get better, stronger and faster, more mature and grow in knowledge of the game” coach Chris Basil said. “We’re going to work hard over the summer to get better and prepare for next season.”
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday