New Albany tennis wins north half
Fresh off of its north half team championship, New Albany is competing in the individual championships at Mississippi College before the Wednesday showdown against Newton County.
Taking on Lafayette in the north half championship last Friday, the Bulldogs won all but one court, and the boys’ doubles team of Christian and Christopher Scott sealed the win, sending New Albany to play for its second state title in the sport.
New Albany’s wins came in all but the girls’ singles match between Lafayette’s Mallory Davis and New Albany’s Savannah Horrgan, with Davis winning, 6-0, 6-1.
Winning courts for New Albany were Mark Robbins over Nathan Hollis 6-0, 6-0, Cam Clark and Thomas Mills defeated Barron Pruitt and Hunter Knight 3-6, 6-1 (10-8), Christian Scott and Christopher Scott over Jacob Roberts and Garrett Reed 6-2, 7-6 (7-3), Elleigh Hall and Molly Morris defeated Ashley Smith and Lauren Cullen 4-6, 6-3 (10-7), Olivia Dunnam and Hannah Anderson over Brittany Mann and Abbey Pate, 6-2, 6-3 and in the mixed doubles match, Maegan Traylor and Josh Creekmore beat Kathryn Owen and Brett Bowen 6-2, 6-0.
Friday’s Gazette will have a complete recap from the individual championships as well as the team championship. You can also follow Wednesday’s finals on Twitter: @ezaremba1618.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...