New Albany tennis wins north half
Fresh off of its north half team championship, New Albany is competing in the individual championships at Mississippi College before the Wednesday showdown against Newton County.
Taking on Lafayette in the north half championship last Friday, the Bulldogs won all but one court, and the boys’ doubles team of Christian and Christopher Scott sealed the win, sending New Albany to play for its second state title in the sport.
New Albany’s wins came in all but the girls’ singles match between Lafayette’s Mallory Davis and New Albany’s Savannah Horrgan, with Davis winning, 6-0, 6-1.
Winning courts for New Albany were Mark Robbins over Nathan Hollis 6-0, 6-0, Cam Clark and Thomas Mills defeated Barron Pruitt and Hunter Knight 3-6, 6-1 (10-8), Christian Scott and Christopher Scott over Jacob Roberts and Garrett Reed 6-2, 7-6 (7-3), Elleigh Hall and Molly Morris defeated Ashley Smith and Lauren Cullen 4-6, 6-3 (10-7), Olivia Dunnam and Hannah Anderson over Brittany Mann and Abbey Pate, 6-2, 6-3 and in the mixed doubles match, Maegan Traylor and Josh Creekmore beat Kathryn Owen and Brett Bowen 6-2, 6-0.
Friday’s Gazette will have a complete recap from the individual championships as well as the team championship. You can also follow Wednesday’s finals on Twitter: @ezaremba1618.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...