New Albany tennis wins north half
Fresh off of its north half team championship, New Albany is competing in the individual championships at Mississippi College before the Wednesday showdown against Newton County.
Taking on Lafayette in the north half championship last Friday, the Bulldogs won all but one court, and the boys’ doubles team of Christian and Christopher Scott sealed the win, sending New Albany to play for its second state title in the sport.
New Albany’s wins came in all but the girls’ singles match between Lafayette’s Mallory Davis and New Albany’s Savannah Horrgan, with Davis winning, 6-0, 6-1.
Winning courts for New Albany were Mark Robbins over Nathan Hollis 6-0, 6-0, Cam Clark and Thomas Mills defeated Barron Pruitt and Hunter Knight 3-6, 6-1 (10-8), Christian Scott and Christopher Scott over Jacob Roberts and Garrett Reed 6-2, 7-6 (7-3), Elleigh Hall and Molly Morris defeated Ashley Smith and Lauren Cullen 4-6, 6-3 (10-7), Olivia Dunnam and Hannah Anderson over Brittany Mann and Abbey Pate, 6-2, 6-3 and in the mixed doubles match, Maegan Traylor and Josh Creekmore beat Kathryn Owen and Brett Bowen 6-2, 6-0.
Friday’s Gazette will have a complete recap from the individual championships as well as the team championship. You can also follow Wednesday’s finals on Twitter: @ezaremba1618.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series