New Albany tennis wins north half
Fresh off of its north half team championship, New Albany is competing in the individual championships at Mississippi College before the Wednesday showdown against Newton County.
Taking on Lafayette in the north half championship last Friday, the Bulldogs won all but one court, and the boys’ doubles team of Christian and Christopher Scott sealed the win, sending New Albany to play for its second state title in the sport.
New Albany’s wins came in all but the girls’ singles match between Lafayette’s Mallory Davis and New Albany’s Savannah Horrgan, with Davis winning, 6-0, 6-1.
Winning courts for New Albany were Mark Robbins over Nathan Hollis 6-0, 6-0, Cam Clark and Thomas Mills defeated Barron Pruitt and Hunter Knight 3-6, 6-1 (10-8), Christian Scott and Christopher Scott over Jacob Roberts and Garrett Reed 6-2, 7-6 (7-3), Elleigh Hall and Molly Morris defeated Ashley Smith and Lauren Cullen 4-6, 6-3 (10-7), Olivia Dunnam and Hannah Anderson over Brittany Mann and Abbey Pate, 6-2, 6-3 and in the mixed doubles match, Maegan Traylor and Josh Creekmore beat Kathryn Owen and Brett Bowen 6-2, 6-0.
Friday’s Gazette will have a complete recap from the individual championships as well as the team championship. You can also follow Wednesday’s finals on Twitter: @ezaremba1618.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...