NEMCABB all-star game selects area athletes
Baseball season may be over, but we still have a couple more opportunities to watch some of the area’s best players compete.
The North Mississippi Coaches Association for Better Baseball (NEMCABB) announced its lineups for the annual West/East All-Star games, which will take place on Saturday, May 26.
In the 1A/2A game, four Union County athletes will participate for the West team; Ingomar’s Stephen Laird, Myrtle’s Syd Beasley and West Union’s Zak Jumper and Drew Garrett. New Albany has a trio going for the West squad in the 3A/4A/5A game; Riley Alef, Mason Maxey and Easton Hall.
Union County had a great appearance in this year’s playoffs, with three teams forcing a deciding game three in their state quarterfinal series. With a lot of talent returning next year, I’m sure there will be even more excitement for the area.
Also announced by NEMCABB is its summer tournament, which will take place in June. The finals will be held at BNA Bank Park, and NAHS enters as the defending champion.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...