Bulldogs end spring practice
Boston Newsome ran for two touchdowns, but it took the Bulldogs’ offense until the second quarter to get on the board, eventually leading toa 14-7 win at Oxford last Thursday.
“We have a lot of things we know we need to work on now; throwing and catching the football,” New Albany coach Ron Price said.
“We dropped a lot of balls that went right in our hands, but it was a great effort by our kids today.”
Scrimmaging for two quarters, the Bulldogs scored first early in the second, and Oxford tied it on a long pass play, one of few mishaps by New Albany’s defense, which kept the pressure on Chargers’ quarterback, Parker Adamson.
“The defense played great and stepped up in critical situations and made big plays for us,” Price said. “We got off the field without giving up a lot of points. We have a lot to work on this summer, but we got a lot of positives out of it.“
Newsome’s second touchdown came with 1:39 remaining, and Price said this was a good way to end spring practice, which opened in late April.
“I’m very proud of our kids. It hasn’t been a pretty spring from one day to the next, and we fought different battles and challenges, but our kids came out today, laid everything on the line,” he said.
New Albany will travel to Oxford each week in June, playing seven-on-seven games along with two tournaments throughout the month.
“We tell our kids going into this part that we learn how to run the football in the spring and then we’ll learn how to throw and catch during seven-on-seven,” Price said.
“Our kids have responded to that the last four years, and we expect nothing less out of them this summer.”
Fall practice for the 2012 season will open on July 30.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...