Bulldogs end spring practice
Boston Newsome ran for two touchdowns, but it took the Bulldogs’ offense until the second quarter to get on the board, eventually leading toa 14-7 win at Oxford last Thursday.
“We have a lot of things we know we need to work on now; throwing and catching the football,” New Albany coach Ron Price said.
“We dropped a lot of balls that went right in our hands, but it was a great effort by our kids today.”
Scrimmaging for two quarters, the Bulldogs scored first early in the second, and Oxford tied it on a long pass play, one of few mishaps by New Albany’s defense, which kept the pressure on Chargers’ quarterback, Parker Adamson.
“The defense played great and stepped up in critical situations and made big plays for us,” Price said. “We got off the field without giving up a lot of points. We have a lot to work on this summer, but we got a lot of positives out of it.“
Newsome’s second touchdown came with 1:39 remaining, and Price said this was a good way to end spring practice, which opened in late April.
“I’m very proud of our kids. It hasn’t been a pretty spring from one day to the next, and we fought different battles and challenges, but our kids came out today, laid everything on the line,” he said.
New Albany will travel to Oxford each week in June, playing seven-on-seven games along with two tournaments throughout the month.
“We tell our kids going into this part that we learn how to run the football in the spring and then we’ll learn how to throw and catch during seven-on-seven,” Price said.
“Our kids have responded to that the last four years, and we expect nothing less out of them this summer.”
Fall practice for the 2012 season will open on July 30.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series