Baker pleads not guilty in Amanda Price shooting death
The New Albany man charged in the shooting death of school teacher Amanda Price pleaded not guilty to that and five other charges in court Monday.
Craig O. Baker, 20, of 1100 East Bankhead, Trailer #45 in New Albany, entered the plea of not guilty at 1 p.m., Monday, during a Union County Circuit Court session.
Judge John Gregory remanded Baker to the custody of the Union County Sheriff's Department to await trial.
Local attorney Chandler Rogers was originally appointed as Baker's attorney. However, according to Kelly Luther, assistant district attorney, Rogers had filed a motion to have himself relieved from that duty. Luther said the district attorney's office had no objection to his motion and Judge Gregory allowed it.
Baker is charged with capital murder, as well as aggravated assault, for allegedly shooting Amanda and her husband, Ron Price, during an attempted burglary at the couple's residence on Dec. 5, 2011. Ron Price was treated for a gunshot wound that night at a nearby hospital and later released.
An employee of the Circuit Clerk's office stated that the next step in the case will be for Baker to confer with his attorney before a trial date is set.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...