NEMSBCA softball all-stars
Area softball all-stars met at Tupelo High last Thursday, capping their high school careers in the annual Northeast Mississippi Softball Coaches Association game.
New Albany’s Amber Mirfield contributed with two hits for the West squad in its 10-4 win over the East in the fast pitch game.
Leading 5-4 in the top of the eighth, New Albany’s Jalanna Cameron had a leadoff single, but was later caught in a fielder’s choice at second base. Mirfield knocked in two runs with a double, followed by East Union’s Rachel Elder reaching base on a single. Pontotoc’s Brianna Farr plated both Mirfield and Elder on a triple, giving the West a 9-4 lead.
Mirfield’s first hit, a single, came in the fifth inning, and she started at third base, while Cameron was at first and Elder behind the plate.
The fast pitch win was the only one for the West, who lost in two, five-inning slow pitch games held earlier in the afternoon.
In the first game, Tishomingo County’s Emilee Henderson had three home runs in four at bats for the East in its 18-6 win.
Elder played in both the slow and fast pitch games, finishing with two hits during slow pitch play, including a double in the second game.
The East squad won the second slow pitch game by a final of 9-7.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...