M&A Grocery holds grand opening
A new grocery store aimed at the Hispanic population recently had their grand opening.
M and A Grocery, formerly Liborio’s Market, has been operating since February 1, but had been in the process of remodeling. With the remodeling complete, the store had its grand opening on June 23.
Co-owner Saul Murguia said that the store has gone through many changes as far as remodeling and cleaning, and have added various products, anything from beer to phone products to shampoo and cleaning supplies.
Murguia said the store has a fresh meat center and an on-staff butcher, as well as a produce center. The store also has an arrangement of pottery furnished through El Rinconcito in Memphis, Tenn., which is owned by Murguia’s sister.
Murguia said that although M and A is directored toward the Hispanic population, they have something to offer for everything.
“The purpose of the store is not to be a ‘one stop shop,” Murguia said. “The purpose is to offer a good product that other stores in the coummunity do not offer.”
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...