M&A Grocery holds grand opening
A new grocery store aimed at the Hispanic population recently had their grand opening.
M and A Grocery, formerly Liborio’s Market, has been operating since February 1, but had been in the process of remodeling. With the remodeling complete, the store had its grand opening on June 23.
Co-owner Saul Murguia said that the store has gone through many changes as far as remodeling and cleaning, and have added various products, anything from beer to phone products to shampoo and cleaning supplies.
Murguia said the store has a fresh meat center and an on-staff butcher, as well as a produce center. The store also has an arrangement of pottery furnished through El Rinconcito in Memphis, Tenn., which is owned by Murguia’s sister.
Murguia said that although M and A is directored toward the Hispanic population, they have something to offer for everything.
“The purpose of the store is not to be a ‘one stop shop,” Murguia said. “The purpose is to offer a good product that other stores in the coummunity do not offer.”
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...