M&A Grocery holds grand opening
A new grocery store aimed at the Hispanic population recently had their grand opening.
M and A Grocery, formerly Liborio’s Market, has been operating since February 1, but had been in the process of remodeling. With the remodeling complete, the store had its grand opening on June 23.
Co-owner Saul Murguia said that the store has gone through many changes as far as remodeling and cleaning, and have added various products, anything from beer to phone products to shampoo and cleaning supplies.
Murguia said the store has a fresh meat center and an on-staff butcher, as well as a produce center. The store also has an arrangement of pottery furnished through El Rinconcito in Memphis, Tenn., which is owned by Murguia’s sister.
Murguia said that although M and A is directored toward the Hispanic population, they have something to offer for everything.
“The purpose of the store is not to be a ‘one stop shop,” Murguia said. “The purpose is to offer a good product that other stores in the coummunity do not offer.”
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...