M&A Grocery holds grand opening
A new grocery store aimed at the Hispanic population recently had their grand opening.
M and A Grocery, formerly Liborio’s Market, has been operating since February 1, but had been in the process of remodeling. With the remodeling complete, the store had its grand opening on June 23.
Co-owner Saul Murguia said that the store has gone through many changes as far as remodeling and cleaning, and have added various products, anything from beer to phone products to shampoo and cleaning supplies.
Murguia said the store has a fresh meat center and an on-staff butcher, as well as a produce center. The store also has an arrangement of pottery furnished through El Rinconcito in Memphis, Tenn., which is owned by Murguia’s sister.
Murguia said that although M and A is directored toward the Hispanic population, they have something to offer for everything.
“The purpose of the store is not to be a ‘one stop shop,” Murguia said. “The purpose is to offer a good product that other stores in the coummunity do not offer.”
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...