NA School Board discusses personnel and other concerns at July meeting
Jackie Ford, interim superintendent for the New Albany School District, said he has four expectations from employees within the district.
“My expectations are these: Be on time, do your job, dream, and don’t complain or gripe. Excuses are an example of poor planning. I think we have an excellent administrative team to lead this district,” said Ford.
At the board meeting held July 2, the board approved items in the various parts of the agenda.
In the action agenda, the board approved the 2012-2013 budget and ad valorem tax request, they approved the financial statement, and they approved Fortenberry and Ballard as financial auditors for 2012, 2013, and 2014 school years at $12, 600 per year, plus GASB 34 statements.
Suzanne Coffey, business administrator for the district, said, “By going with Fortenberry and Ballard for three years, that can save the district approximately $15,000.”
The board also approved Classroom Solutions Inc. for consulting services to include strategic planning, discipline hearings, etc. and the 2012-2013 New Albany Elementary School Wellness Policy.
In the personnel agenda, the board approved the following: the hiring of Blake Orman, assistant track coach at NAMS; the hiring of Anna Lisa Powell, head girls track coach at NAMS; the hiring of Christy Hardy, teacher assistant at NAES, replacing Teresa Robbins; the hiring of Reba Teague, ELL Coordinator for New Albany Schools, replacing Amy Blake; the resignation of Martha Rainey, teacher assistant at NAES, effective June 20, 2012; the resignation of Amy Blake, ELL Coordinator for New Albany Schools, effective June 25, 2012; the resignation of Candy Mitchell, teacher at NAES, effective June 28, 2012; the resignation of Teresa Robbins, teacher assistant at NAES.
Ford said that there are a few more positions to fill at the schools, which include, but are not limited to, assistant soccer coach, assistant band director, and a few more positions at New Albany Elementary School.
The first day of Teacher Staff Development will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Aug. 2, 2012 at New Albany High School. The first day of school will be held Aug. 7, 2012.
The next board meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 6, 2012 at the district office.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert