Eastern Lights, July 13, 2012
Well, another year has passed for me. Monday, July 2, was my 81st birthday. I had a good day with Anne and Rickey Glidewell, and Robbie, Robert, Sheyanne, and Lauren Frazier. Ann brought a cake and we had hamburgers with trimmings and watermelon.
Brad Coker spent most of the week with his grandmother Nannie Lee Coker. She said she really enjoyed the visit.
I met my brother, John, and his wife, Mary, Friday night at Nita’s Place in Blue Mountain for my birthday. We had an enjoyable time of fellowship.
Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Crumpton of Alabama visited Robert and Jean Benefield Saturday afternoon.
Shelby Easley visited here Saturday morning and brought along some beautiful tomatoes. Billy really knows how to grow a garden, just like his brother Paul.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church will be in revival July 16-18, with Brother Randy Hamilton as speaker. Brother Don Wilson is the pastor.
Keownville Baptist Church will be in revival July 13-15, with Brother Dana Williams as speaker. Brother Jerry Bishop is the pastor.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...