Eastern Lights, July 13, 2012
Well, another year has passed for me. Monday, July 2, was my 81st birthday. I had a good day with Anne and Rickey Glidewell, and Robbie, Robert, Sheyanne, and Lauren Frazier. Ann brought a cake and we had hamburgers with trimmings and watermelon.
Brad Coker spent most of the week with his grandmother Nannie Lee Coker. She said she really enjoyed the visit.
I met my brother, John, and his wife, Mary, Friday night at Nita’s Place in Blue Mountain for my birthday. We had an enjoyable time of fellowship.
Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Crumpton of Alabama visited Robert and Jean Benefield Saturday afternoon.
Shelby Easley visited here Saturday morning and brought along some beautiful tomatoes. Billy really knows how to grow a garden, just like his brother Paul.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church will be in revival July 16-18, with Brother Randy Hamilton as speaker. Brother Don Wilson is the pastor.
Keownville Baptist Church will be in revival July 13-15, with Brother Dana Williams as speaker. Brother Jerry Bishop is the pastor.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...