Eastern Lights, July 13, 2012
Well, another year has passed for me. Monday, July 2, was my 81st birthday. I had a good day with Anne and Rickey Glidewell, and Robbie, Robert, Sheyanne, and Lauren Frazier. Ann brought a cake and we had hamburgers with trimmings and watermelon.
Brad Coker spent most of the week with his grandmother Nannie Lee Coker. She said she really enjoyed the visit.
I met my brother, John, and his wife, Mary, Friday night at Nita’s Place in Blue Mountain for my birthday. We had an enjoyable time of fellowship.
Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Crumpton of Alabama visited Robert and Jean Benefield Saturday afternoon.
Shelby Easley visited here Saturday morning and brought along some beautiful tomatoes. Billy really knows how to grow a garden, just like his brother Paul.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church will be in revival July 16-18, with Brother Randy Hamilton as speaker. Brother Don Wilson is the pastor.
Keownville Baptist Church will be in revival July 13-15, with Brother Dana Williams as speaker. Brother Jerry Bishop is the pastor.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...