Ellistown Breezes, July 13, 2012
When I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning, I was feeling a little “down in the mouth,” as the saying goes. “Sing praises to the Lord” came to my mind, so I began to sing praises to God and, you know what, I begin to feel much, much better.
Vacation Bible School has been in progress this week at our church. At this writing, it is a little hard to determine the results.
I do want to add something I overlooked last week in our news. Kimberly Powell sang our special music and her little four-year-old daughter stood beside her and sang with her. Everyone couldn’t see Kylee, but I was close enough to the front to not only see her but I could also hear her. It was such a sweet picture to witness and something Kylee will long remember. Both of them did an excellent song.
I am sure I speak for our entire congregation in thanking those who sing in our choir and perform special music for our enjoyment. Also, a special thanks to volunteers who type, print, and fold our bulletins each week.
Aileene Roberts sang the special music last Sunday at our early morning service, and she also found time to do our bulletins. Thanks, Aileene. Dexter Griggs led our choir in a special, and then sang the special number at the second service. Thanks to you, as well.
Please call me if you have news. We would enjoy knowing how you spent your vacation.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...