Next week music will come alive in New Albany as the community enjoys the seventh edition of the Broadway show.
“Broadway 7: The House is Rockin’” will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in the Cine Theatre at the Magnolia Civic Center.
It’s the seventh edition of the popular musical review that allows some of our best local singers to show off their talent while supporting a fundraiser for the Cine Theatre.
More than two dozen performers will take part in this year’s event.
This year’s review will feature rock and roll hits from the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The audience can look forward to well known musical pieces such as Stevie Ray Vaughn’s “The House is Rockin’” and Journey’s “Any Way You Want It.”
The performance also will include new songs, including “Steal Your Rock ‘n’ Roll from the musical Memphis and Colbie Callait’s “Fallin’ for You.”
Tickets, which are reserved seats, for the performances can be purchased in advance at the New Albany Main Street Association, 135 East Bankhead St. or beginning at 6:30 p.m. each night before the performance. The cost is $10.
This is an opportunity to enjoy a live music production in air-conditioned comfort and support a worthwhile cause at the same time.
See you at the theater.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...