Next week music will come alive in New Albany as the community enjoys the seventh edition of the Broadway show.
“Broadway 7: The House is Rockin’” will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in the Cine Theatre at the Magnolia Civic Center.
It’s the seventh edition of the popular musical review that allows some of our best local singers to show off their talent while supporting a fundraiser for the Cine Theatre.
More than two dozen performers will take part in this year’s event.
This year’s review will feature rock and roll hits from the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The audience can look forward to well known musical pieces such as Stevie Ray Vaughn’s “The House is Rockin’” and Journey’s “Any Way You Want It.”
The performance also will include new songs, including “Steal Your Rock ‘n’ Roll from the musical Memphis and Colbie Callait’s “Fallin’ for You.”
Tickets, which are reserved seats, for the performances can be purchased in advance at the New Albany Main Street Association, 135 East Bankhead St. or beginning at 6:30 p.m. each night before the performance. The cost is $10.
This is an opportunity to enjoy a live music production in air-conditioned comfort and support a worthwhile cause at the same time.
See you at the theater.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...