Art, music, food, fun
A year ago the New Albany Main Street Association decided to try something new – and evening of art, music and food called Arts, Beats & Eats.
It was taking a chance because the community has few dressy, upscale events.
Vickie Duke, the New Albany association’s manager, said at the time that one of Main Street’s goals was to expand the number of events and “help grow the arts in the community.”
The event, by any standard, was a success, and managed to win an award for “Best Art Event” in judging by the Mississippi Main Street Association.
Now it’s back for year two. It will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3, in the In Bloom event hall on Bankhead Street in downtown New Albany.
Local artists in this year’s event are Jenny Hall, Brian Crockett, Clyde McDowell, Linda Treat, Kathryn Rye, John Anson, Catherine Ann Herrington and Rebecca Browing.
While browsing through the artwork, attendees will be able to listen to the music of the Paul Tate Trio and enjoy food from the menus of New Albany eateries. Participating this year are Sugaree’s Bakery, Tallahatchie Gourmet, Yummy Delight, Nichols Foods & Deli, Manning’s BBQ, Old Hwy 78 Café, Game Tyme, Small Gatherings and Mi Pueblo.
Tickets are on sale now for $10 at the Main Street office and at Sugaree’s Bakery. Call 662-534-3438 for more information.
It’s a great chance to hob-nob with friends in a social setting and we expect an even bigger turnout this year.
Come be a part of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...