Linville resigns from NA schools
Heather Linville has resigned as an assistant principal at New Albany Elementary School.
The New Albany Schools Board of Trustees accepted her resignation at a special called board meeting July 19. Several personnel changes were approved at that time.
Her resignation, which was effective immediately, came only 19 days into the new contract year for administrators in the district. She was beginning her second year as an assistant principal at the elementary school.
Jackie Ford, interim superintendent, said he could not comment on the resignation because it is school policy not to discuss personnel issues.
In her resignation letter to the board, she said she was resigning for personal reasons, he said.
Linville and her husband, Gary, are among several owners of The Warehouse, a fish and steak restaurant scheduled to open Friday on Carter Avenue.
At the restaurant, she said she plans to focus more time on her family and the restaurant, but hopes to return to education at some point.
Ford said the district plans to find a retired administrator willing to fill in at the elementary school for the new school year.
“To move someone permanently into the job the week before school starts is not a good idea,” he said.
Ford said the district likely will advertise the job next February, interview in March, and hope to have someone ready to start by June 1.
Windy Faulkner, principal at New Albany Elementary, said there are two assistant principal positions at the school and the job duties are split by grade level.
Kristen Richey is the assistant for grades 3 through 5; Linville was the assistant for kindergarten through grade 2, Faulkner said.
In addition to her time as an assistant principal, Linville taught English for six years at New Albany Middle School. She graduated from Blue Mountain College and has a master’s degree in education leadership from the University of Mississippi.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...