Eastern Lights, July 27, 2012
Hello to all. We've certainly had some refreshing rain, but it's gone now and the temperature is soaring again. We will certainly enjoy the cooler weather when it arrives, though.
I heard the weatherman say a few days ago that, according to the computer models, it will be very warm all the way to Halloween. Looks like we might have something to look forward to.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist sure had some good music last week, with Don Wilson leading, and some good preaching from evangelist Randy Hamilton.
The community sends sympathy to the family of Thomas Mize. who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Friday. He is survived by four sisters, Mary Etta Hill, Etna Wood, Toy Gailor and Jean Kent. Several from here attended the Mize funeral at Ripley Funeral Home on Friday morning.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...