Eastern Lights, July 27, 2012
Hello to all. We've certainly had some refreshing rain, but it's gone now and the temperature is soaring again. We will certainly enjoy the cooler weather when it arrives, though.
I heard the weatherman say a few days ago that, according to the computer models, it will be very warm all the way to Halloween. Looks like we might have something to look forward to.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist sure had some good music last week, with Don Wilson leading, and some good preaching from evangelist Randy Hamilton.
The community sends sympathy to the family of Thomas Mize. who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Friday. He is survived by four sisters, Mary Etta Hill, Etna Wood, Toy Gailor and Jean Kent. Several from here attended the Mize funeral at Ripley Funeral Home on Friday morning.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...