Eastern Lights, July 27, 2012
Hello to all. We've certainly had some refreshing rain, but it's gone now and the temperature is soaring again. We will certainly enjoy the cooler weather when it arrives, though.
I heard the weatherman say a few days ago that, according to the computer models, it will be very warm all the way to Halloween. Looks like we might have something to look forward to.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist sure had some good music last week, with Don Wilson leading, and some good preaching from evangelist Randy Hamilton.
The community sends sympathy to the family of Thomas Mize. who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Friday. He is survived by four sisters, Mary Etta Hill, Etna Wood, Toy Gailor and Jean Kent. Several from here attended the Mize funeral at Ripley Funeral Home on Friday morning.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...