Ecru News, July 27, 2012
Gable, Barbara and Caleb Todd recently attended the World Series Baseball Tournament for fourteen year olds. Caleb played with the North Mississippi Red Birds team. The team placed fourth out of 27 teams completing. This season was the last year Caleb was eligible for fourteen-year old travel ball.
Bilbo Russell had surgery recently but is recovering very well.
Mary B. Todd is a patient at Darlington Oaks Hospice House, located in Verona. We want to keep her and her husband, Floyd Todd, in our prayers during this difficult time.
Happy belated birthday to Caleb Todd, who celebrated his 15th birthday on Monday, July 23. He, his family, and a couple of his friends traveled to Geyser Falls in Philadelphia for a day of fun to celebrate this special birthday.
We want to remember Doctor Lester Willis in our prayers. He seems to be doing better but has had a very difficult time with surgery and his treatments. From the last report he is still at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. We wish him a continued recovery.
Denton’s Service Station closed last week. Robert and Irene Denton and their son Glen Denton have operated a service station in our community for years. Irene also had a beauty salon on the same property. The highway department bought the property, and the buildings will be torn down to make way for the new highway. We want to thank Robert and Irene for their many years of service to our community. You will be sorely missed!
Bernard and Kay Graham celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last Saturday night at the home of the late Pete Robbins and Betty Lois Robbins, of Ecru. It was a surprise party hosted by her family and friends. Those attending were: Kathy Robbins, Jeff Robbins, Pam Bramlett, Gerald Robbins, Terry Robbins, Stacy and Amanda Simmons, Sara Grace and Laci, Kerri and Ray Haney, Kelsey and Joseph, Ricky and Patricia Richardson, Mickey Inmon, Sam and Tammy Anderson and family and Kay’s uncle Clay Robbins from New Albany who turned 99 in April.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...