Ecru News, July 27, 2012
Gable, Barbara and Caleb Todd recently attended the World Series Baseball Tournament for fourteen year olds. Caleb played with the North Mississippi Red Birds team. The team placed fourth out of 27 teams completing. This season was the last year Caleb was eligible for fourteen-year old travel ball.
Bilbo Russell had surgery recently but is recovering very well.
Mary B. Todd is a patient at Darlington Oaks Hospice House, located in Verona. We want to keep her and her husband, Floyd Todd, in our prayers during this difficult time.
Happy belated birthday to Caleb Todd, who celebrated his 15th birthday on Monday, July 23. He, his family, and a couple of his friends traveled to Geyser Falls in Philadelphia for a day of fun to celebrate this special birthday.
We want to remember Doctor Lester Willis in our prayers. He seems to be doing better but has had a very difficult time with surgery and his treatments. From the last report he is still at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. We wish him a continued recovery.
Denton’s Service Station closed last week. Robert and Irene Denton and their son Glen Denton have operated a service station in our community for years. Irene also had a beauty salon on the same property. The highway department bought the property, and the buildings will be torn down to make way for the new highway. We want to thank Robert and Irene for their many years of service to our community. You will be sorely missed!
Bernard and Kay Graham celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last Saturday night at the home of the late Pete Robbins and Betty Lois Robbins, of Ecru. It was a surprise party hosted by her family and friends. Those attending were: Kathy Robbins, Jeff Robbins, Pam Bramlett, Gerald Robbins, Terry Robbins, Stacy and Amanda Simmons, Sara Grace and Laci, Kerri and Ray Haney, Kelsey and Joseph, Ricky and Patricia Richardson, Mickey Inmon, Sam and Tammy Anderson and family and Kay’s uncle Clay Robbins from New Albany who turned 99 in April.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday