Ellistown Breezes, July 27, 2012
We are still enjoying this summer weather in Mississippi, aren’t we? We have been blessed with rain in this area, and should remember to give thanks for the same.
A couple of years ago Lynn and Cathy Walker had an exchange student live with them. Her name is Nathalie Threlemins, who is from Belgium. Their daughter Erin is leaving August 18 to go to South Korea to teach in Gwant-Ju, which is about the size of Union County, and has four million people living there. Best wishes to Erin.
Ron and Alecia Terrles’ great-grandson joined the National Guard and just landed a few days ago in Afghanistan.
Frances Wigington told me she had gotten a good report from her doctor. She was also telling me what sweet great-grandchildren she has; Hunter and Lucas Wigington had cut her grass for her.
Frances also told me Ronald Lyons has lung cancer. I know he and Lynda would appreciate your prayers.
Happy Birthday to Norma Faye Robertson Bolander on July 30, who will be a big 65. She and husband, Wiley, have already retired and are enjoying their grandchildren.
Also, a Happy Birthday to Pat Tanev and Elizabeth Reeder, Friday, August 3, and to Megan Reeder Saturday, August 4.
The Sunshine Band (our senior adults) plan to meet this Thursday at the church and to have lunch at Cracker Barrel.
Heather Roberts sang our special music last Sunday and did a beautiful job.
Next week we get to witness another baptism of one of our young people, Lauren Jane Moore. Praise the Lord for the young people coming to the Lord.
Let us remember to pray for each other.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...