Baptist and health
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has a longstanding commitment to the health of our community. That commitment takes many forms, from the hospital itself to a variety of community outreach programs.
One of those ancillary parts of Baptist is the facility on Fairfield Drive known as the Baptist Healthplex. It has been owned by the hospital since 2006, but has just undergone a significant upgrade in equipment.
Baptist has just spent more than $75,000 on renovations to the 33,000-square-foot facility, adding new commercial grade fitness equipment and remodeling the locker rooms. New fitness machines include Spinner bikes, stairclimbers, treadmills, stationary bikes and a water rower.
The renovated Healthplex will be on display at a free community open house from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
The Healthplex offers a variety of classes including Tai Chi, water aerobics, dance, SPI, Zumba and cardio sculpting. The facility has an indoor pool and offers swimming classes for both children and adults.
Samuel Lynd, the new assistant administrator at the hospital, said the improvements demonstrate Baptist’s continuing commitment to promoting a healthy community.
We agree. We are fortunate to have a quality, responsible, non-profit hospital in a community our size. And we are fortunate to have the Healthplex facility and its pool.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...