Baptist and health
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has a longstanding commitment to the health of our community. That commitment takes many forms, from the hospital itself to a variety of community outreach programs.
One of those ancillary parts of Baptist is the facility on Fairfield Drive known as the Baptist Healthplex. It has been owned by the hospital since 2006, but has just undergone a significant upgrade in equipment.
Baptist has just spent more than $75,000 on renovations to the 33,000-square-foot facility, adding new commercial grade fitness equipment and remodeling the locker rooms. New fitness machines include Spinner bikes, stairclimbers, treadmills, stationary bikes and a water rower.
The renovated Healthplex will be on display at a free community open house from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
The Healthplex offers a variety of classes including Tai Chi, water aerobics, dance, SPI, Zumba and cardio sculpting. The facility has an indoor pool and offers swimming classes for both children and adults.
Samuel Lynd, the new assistant administrator at the hospital, said the improvements demonstrate Baptist’s continuing commitment to promoting a healthy community.
We agree. We are fortunate to have a quality, responsible, non-profit hospital in a community our size. And we are fortunate to have the Healthplex facility and its pool.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...