Eastern Lights, August 3, 2012
By the time you read this July will be gone, and August will have appeared with more hot weather. The big Mississippi River is at an all time low, and most of the country is needing rain very badly.
Mary Barton called me Tuesday to tell me her house burned to the ground Monday and she lost everything she had. She has two dogs missing. A large pit bull that answers to “Zena,” and a large black dog that answers to “Annie.” Both dogs are friendly and if you see them please call 601-266-3678.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge met Wednesday for their monthly meeting. Jeff White brought the devotional, giving his testimony. Randy Dunnam and his daughter sang a couple of gospel songs.
The senior adults of Pleasant Hill met Thursday with the chaplain from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, Bobby Cossey, who brought a devotion from the book of Philippians.
Friday brought sad news to the communities of Keownville and Pleasant Ridge. Jimmy “Pop” Cobb had a tragic accident with a four-wheeler and lost his life. He was a faithful member of Mt. Olive United Methodist Church and was well loved and respected by all who knew him.
Arnold Rose is slowly improving at the Health Care in Ashland. According to Lula, the Buena Vista School reunion will be held, as usual, on September 15 beginning at 1:00 p.m. There will be more information on this later, just look for the Eastern Lights in the New Albany Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert