Eastern Lights, August 3, 2012
By the time you read this July will be gone, and August will have appeared with more hot weather. The big Mississippi River is at an all time low, and most of the country is needing rain very badly.
Mary Barton called me Tuesday to tell me her house burned to the ground Monday and she lost everything she had. She has two dogs missing. A large pit bull that answers to “Zena,” and a large black dog that answers to “Annie.” Both dogs are friendly and if you see them please call 601-266-3678.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge met Wednesday for their monthly meeting. Jeff White brought the devotional, giving his testimony. Randy Dunnam and his daughter sang a couple of gospel songs.
The senior adults of Pleasant Hill met Thursday with the chaplain from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, Bobby Cossey, who brought a devotion from the book of Philippians.
Friday brought sad news to the communities of Keownville and Pleasant Ridge. Jimmy “Pop” Cobb had a tragic accident with a four-wheeler and lost his life. He was a faithful member of Mt. Olive United Methodist Church and was well loved and respected by all who knew him.
Arnold Rose is slowly improving at the Health Care in Ashland. According to Lula, the Buena Vista School reunion will be held, as usual, on September 15 beginning at 1:00 p.m. There will be more information on this later, just look for the Eastern Lights in the New Albany Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...