Eastern Lights, August 3, 2012
By the time you read this July will be gone, and August will have appeared with more hot weather. The big Mississippi River is at an all time low, and most of the country is needing rain very badly.
Mary Barton called me Tuesday to tell me her house burned to the ground Monday and she lost everything she had. She has two dogs missing. A large pit bull that answers to “Zena,” and a large black dog that answers to “Annie.” Both dogs are friendly and if you see them please call 601-266-3678.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge met Wednesday for their monthly meeting. Jeff White brought the devotional, giving his testimony. Randy Dunnam and his daughter sang a couple of gospel songs.
The senior adults of Pleasant Hill met Thursday with the chaplain from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, Bobby Cossey, who brought a devotion from the book of Philippians.
Friday brought sad news to the communities of Keownville and Pleasant Ridge. Jimmy “Pop” Cobb had a tragic accident with a four-wheeler and lost his life. He was a faithful member of Mt. Olive United Methodist Church and was well loved and respected by all who knew him.
Arnold Rose is slowly improving at the Health Care in Ashland. According to Lula, the Buena Vista School reunion will be held, as usual, on September 15 beginning at 1:00 p.m. There will be more information on this later, just look for the Eastern Lights in the New Albany Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...