Eastern Lights, August 3, 2012
By the time you read this July will be gone, and August will have appeared with more hot weather. The big Mississippi River is at an all time low, and most of the country is needing rain very badly.
Mary Barton called me Tuesday to tell me her house burned to the ground Monday and she lost everything she had. She has two dogs missing. A large pit bull that answers to “Zena,” and a large black dog that answers to “Annie.” Both dogs are friendly and if you see them please call 601-266-3678.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge met Wednesday for their monthly meeting. Jeff White brought the devotional, giving his testimony. Randy Dunnam and his daughter sang a couple of gospel songs.
The senior adults of Pleasant Hill met Thursday with the chaplain from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, Bobby Cossey, who brought a devotion from the book of Philippians.
Friday brought sad news to the communities of Keownville and Pleasant Ridge. Jimmy “Pop” Cobb had a tragic accident with a four-wheeler and lost his life. He was a faithful member of Mt. Olive United Methodist Church and was well loved and respected by all who knew him.
Arnold Rose is slowly improving at the Health Care in Ashland. According to Lula, the Buena Vista School reunion will be held, as usual, on September 15 beginning at 1:00 p.m. There will be more information on this later, just look for the Eastern Lights in the New Albany Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday