Jimmy Cobb Obituary
Jimmy “Pop” D. Cobb, 78, of New Albany, died Friday, July 27, 2012 at his residence. He was a retired U.S. Navy veteran of the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
He was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time with his family. Pop was active in the New Albany Civitans, the N.E. Union Volunteer Fire Department and the Mount Olivet Methodist Church.
A celebration of life was held at 3 p.m., Sunday, July 29, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with Rev. Trey Lambert officiating. Interment was in Ecru City Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by three sons, Mike Cobb (Paige) of Nashville, Tenn., Butch Cobb (Barbara) of New Albany, MS and Randy Cobb (Julia) of Tupelo; one brother, Ronald Cobb (Nobuko) of New Albany; two sisters, Karen Moore (Anthony) and Kathy McGee, both of McKenzie, Tenn.; five grandchildren, Beth, Danny, Michelle, Emily and Mary Ellen and six great-grandchildren, Michael Lee, Halie, Kayla, Ethan, Sadie and Lizzy Jo.
He is preceded in death by his wife of 44 years, Joan Gregory Cobb; his parents, Curtis and Maybell Cobb and his brother, Joe M. Cobb.
Pallbearers were Gary Chism, Gilbert Stokes, Lynn Fitts, Wade Chism, Jesse Fleming and Wayne Littlejohn.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 28, 2012 at the funeral home.
In honor of Mr. Cobb’s service to his country, United Funeral Service flew the U.S. Navy flag during his visitation and service.
Memorial contributions may be made in his honor to the Mount Olivet Methodist Church, 1945 Hwy. 30 East, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...