Man airlifted after hitting trees along Highway 178
By Josh Presley
A Union County man was involved in a one-vehicle accident on Wednesday morning.
Marlon Hall, 70, ran off the road on Highway 178 East near his home at around 9:45 a.m.
According to an eyewitness, Hall’s pickup truck ran into a stump, completely uprooting it and flipping the truck, then hitting another stump before wrapping around a tree.
A neighbor called 911 and Mississippi Highway Patrol and the Union County Sheriff’s department responded to the scene.
Hall had received several injuries, including a severe cut on his arm. He was airlifted to a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...