Wayne Greer Obituary
Wayne Delaine Greer, 73, of Hickory Flat, died July 24, 2012 at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1938 in New Albany to the late William Duncan “W.D.” Greer and Bertha Mae Mann Greer. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department of Transportation with 35 years of service. He was a member of the Cornersville Baptist Church.
Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Gary Linville officiating. Interment will be in the Cornersville Cemetery in Potts Camp. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by a special friend Joan Kennon of Hickory Flat, a sister Mary Jane Greer Robbins (Larry) of Ripley, a brother Bobby Greer (Margaret) of Hickory Flat, a niece Janet Greer D’Amico (Dominic), three nephews David Robbins (Pam), Steven Greer, and Jason Greer, two great nieces Mary Beth Robbins and Giana Grace D’Amico, and two great nephews Brandon Robbins and Brody Robbins.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Walter Gadd, Glen Clossitt, David Greer, Jr., Allen Gray, William Byers, James Byers, James Smith, and James Gray.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...