Wayne Greer Obituary
Wayne Delaine Greer, 73, of Hickory Flat, died July 24, 2012 at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1938 in New Albany to the late William Duncan “W.D.” Greer and Bertha Mae Mann Greer. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department of Transportation with 35 years of service. He was a member of the Cornersville Baptist Church.
Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Gary Linville officiating. Interment will be in the Cornersville Cemetery in Potts Camp. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by a special friend Joan Kennon of Hickory Flat, a sister Mary Jane Greer Robbins (Larry) of Ripley, a brother Bobby Greer (Margaret) of Hickory Flat, a niece Janet Greer D’Amico (Dominic), three nephews David Robbins (Pam), Steven Greer, and Jason Greer, two great nieces Mary Beth Robbins and Giana Grace D’Amico, and two great nephews Brandon Robbins and Brody Robbins.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Walter Gadd, Glen Clossitt, David Greer, Jr., Allen Gray, William Byers, James Byers, James Smith, and James Gray.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...